1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Cinnamon Scones
Galley Wench's Note:
Perfect anytime! Updated, I've changed the flour to indicate reviewers suggestions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5/8 cup butter (10 Tablespoons)
- 1Preheat Oven 375 degrees.
- 2Spread oatmeal on baking sheet and place on center rack of oven and toast for 4 minutes.
- 3Stir and add pecans to mixture and toast an additional 3-5 minutes, careful not to over toast the pecans.
- 4Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 5Set oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- 6Remove 2 Tablespoons oatmeal and set aside for dusting counter.
- 7Wipe out baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- 8In small bowl combine, milk, cream, honey and egg.
- 9To food processor mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 10Sprinkle butter over top and process until resembles cornmeal.
- 11Transfer mixture to bowl and stir in the oats, pecans, orange zest and craisins.
- 12Stir in milk mixture and knead in bowl until forms a large ball.
- 13To reserved oatmeal add 2 tablespoons of flour and sprinkle counter with 1/2 of the mixture.
- 14Turn dough out on counter and dust top with remaining toasted oatmeal mixture.
- 15Lightly knead mixture and form into a circle approximately 1 inch thick (7-8 inches in diameter).
- 16Cut dough into 8 wedges and place each wedge on prepared baking sheet.
- 17Brush tops of each wedge with milk and dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- 18Bake at 425 degrees until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- 19Remove to pastry rack and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cinnamon Scones
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.7
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 356.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 23.5 g
- Protein 7.6 g