Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very moist & tasty. I enjoy these plain Hubby likes them with margerine or peanut butter.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar (dark give them more color)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl soak oats in buttermilk 15 minutes.
- Stir in egg, Sugar& oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda& cinnamon.
- Stir into oat mixture until just moist.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees 16-18 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- 8- 9 muffins.
Enhanced the recipe with extra cinnamon & 1/2 tsp of nutmeg. I highly recommend the extra spices!
I added extra cinnamon as others suggested, and they turned out ok. They were super moist, but just wasnt what i expected.. might make them again with a tab bit of tweaking..
These were good, but I also tweaked the recipe a bit. I added in a rounded full tsp of cinnamon to the muffins, I also topped it with a strudel topping.... 2 TBS brown sugar, 2 TSP flour, 2 TSP cinnamon and 1 TBS melted butter. I made jumbo muffins and I got 5 out of this recipe. I'll be making them again! :)