Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Be sure to place a ribbon on the jar with directions for baking.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip in a Jar Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cinnamon baking chips
- Combine flour, soda, and powder.
- Place in a 1 quart jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients pressing firmly after each layer.
- Recipe to attach to jar:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat 12 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Place cookie mix in an other bowl and mix to combine ingredients. Add butter mixture and blend in to smooth any clumps. Drop tablespoon full onto ungreased pan and bake 9-11 minutes.
Ooooh, these are yummy, yummy, YUMMY! I made them at Loula's suggestion tonight, and doubled the batch - am I glad I did! I totally missed the 1/2 cup sugar listed after the brown sugar, but the recipe didn't suffer at all! I also added pecans because I was about a half cup short on cinnamon chips when I doubled the recipe - that worked out well, but next time I'm going to make them with just the cinnamon chips. Thanks so much, Rita - awesome recipe! Made for Veggie Swap 18.
Oh my! These cookies are so SUPER DUPER YUMMY!!! They have a perfect crumbly texture from the oats and the taste is just incredibly delish! The cinnamon chips add a lovely spicy flavour (even though I added a little bit less than stated). I dont like my cookies too sweet, so I reduced the sugar by half and that way I enjoyed them a lot! In comparison to your butterscotch chip oatmeal cookies, these are even better (hard to believe as good as the others were!). THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Rita. I will defintely make it again! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #17 Decembre 09.