1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Chocolate Toffee Squares
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
I make these for my Christmas cookie plate every year. I make an oatmeal crust to make me feel I making this healthy, but they are rich. These are so good. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. The recipe includes a 2 hr chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 2Line a 9 x 13 metal cake pan with parchment or wax paper leaving about a inch over hang on each side for handles, set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 4In a bowl combine the oatmeal, flour and sugar.
- 5In a separate dish whisk the melted butter with the egg, then stir into oatmeal mixture until moistened.
- 6Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake of 12 - 15 minutes.
- 7Let cool on a rack.
- 9In a sauce pan melt together butter, sugar, condensed milk and corn syrup, over medium heat, stirring.
- 10Simmer stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reaches 230°F (thread stage) about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 11Pour the toffee over the base crust and refrigerate for an hour(should be firm to touch).
- 12GANACHE TOPPING:.
- 13Place chocolate in a bowl.
- 14In microwave or on the stove bring the cream to a boil.
- 15Pour over chocolate whisking until it is smooth.
- 16Let the chocolate mixture cool to room temperature and then pour over the toffee layer.
- 17Refrigerate until set ( about 1 hour).
- 18***(If you are making this ahead you can cover this now and leave in the fridge for a week or over wrap with foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.).
- 19Once set use the paper handles to remove the bar to a cutting board.
- 20Peel the paper from the sides.
- 21Wiping knife between cuts, trim the edges and cut into 1 inch squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Toffee Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.7 mg
- Sodium 25.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g