Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A crowd pleaser if there ever was one.
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, wheat germ.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- Spread in an ungreased 8 inch microwavable baking dish.
- Microwave HIGH uncovered 2 minutes.
- Stir well and press down firmly with dampened fork.
- Microwave HIGH 1 1/2 - 2 minutes longer, or until bubbly.
- In 2 cup measure, combine chocolate chips with peanut butter.
- Microwave medium high 1 1/2 minutes or til melted, stirring half way through.
- Stir well.
- Pour evenly over warm base.
- Let cool, before cutting into small squares.