Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just got this recipe from my mom, my kids flipped for it, and I loved it too! The chocolate covered raisins are a great twist on an old favorite.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled oats, blended to flour-like texture
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Mix together shortening, butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- drop cookies by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 350 for 13-15 minutes.