Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy, thick, rich chocolate chip cookies
- 1⁄2 lb margarine or 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats, chocolate chips and nuts, if desired; mix well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup measuring cup onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.