1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies--Lower Fat
This is a recipe that I've modified to suit our tastes. The result is a chewy, delicious cookie that won't make you feel guilty for eating it! Sometimes I've added golden raisins along with the chocolate chunks. You also can use regular chocolate chips, or substitute butterscotch chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites or 3 egg substitute
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of regular rolled oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks or 2 cups regular chocolate chips
- 1In a large bowl, combine the white and brown sugar, the corn syrup and oil. Mix well.
- 2Add the egg whites, along with the vanilla extract. Beat for two minutes, or until well blended.
- 3In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4Add to sugar mixture, stirring until well combined.
- 5Add the rolled oats and chips. Stir well, mixture will be thick.
- 6Using a tablespoon to measure, roll dough into balls, and place onto greased cookie sheets.
- 7Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 8Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- 9Cookies will not easily brown on top, due to low fat content. Check the bottom of cookies for a light brown color.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies--Lower Fat
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g