Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hubby and I were craving a sweet treat one night, and I happened to have oatmeal and a 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate bar on hand. These delicious cookies were the result.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate bars (Ghirardelli)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop chocolate bar in food processor, pulsing until most of the chocolate pieces are approximately the size of store-bought chocolate chips. There will be some finer chocolate crumbs/powder and some larger bits, but this makes it even more delicious. Set chocolate chunks aside.
- Beat butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds or until creamy.
- Add sugars, baking powder, and baking soda and beat on medium-high speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides once to combine everything.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Stir in flour, scraping sides, until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in oats until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.