1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
I think it's the addition of the vanilla pudding mix that makes these so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening (Crisco is best)
- 1/2 cup butter (no subsitutions please)
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease baking sheets.
- 3In a bowl, beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, until creamy; gradually beat in sugars, beating well.
- 4Add in the 2 eggs; beat until blended, then mix in the pudding mix and vanilla.
- 5In another bowl, combine the flour, and the next 4 ingredients.
- 6Gradually add to the butter/egg mixture, beating until blended.
- 7Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and oats.
- 8Shape the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 9Place on a cookie sheet, leaving enough space between the balls.
- 10Press the balls to 1-inch thickness (the bottom of a glass works well for this).
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 12Remove cookies to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2521.7
- Calories from Fat 1295
- Total Fat 143.9 g
- Saturated Fat 52.9 g
- Cholesterol 222.3 mg
- Sodium 2417.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 303.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 198.3 g
- Protein 28.2 g