Recipe by coconutcream
From the Quaker website
Top Review by Rachie P
I am changing my original review....by using brown sugar instead of honey and only baking them 17 minutes, they came out great! Old review:Very easy to make and tasty - but too easily over-mixed. They came out gummy and rubbery in the middle. The flavor was good; I substituted plain applesauce for the oil, as it's healthier (and I discovered I was out of oil!).
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For streusel, combine all ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For muffins, combine flour, oats, chocolate chips, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well. In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, honey, oil and egg; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.).
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.