Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A really great muffin! Found in library book called "Gifts of Good Taste."
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine oats & milk. Let stand for 15 minute while preparing rest of ingredients.
- Stir together egg, oil, 1/2 Cup sugar, chocolate chips and 1/2 Cup pecans.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- After 15 minute is up, add oat mixture to egg mixture. Then add flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with rest of brown sugar and pecans.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 min or until tests done.
This is a great recipe. The two things I changed were:
%u2022I took out the pecans
%u2022Instead of muffins, I used a brownie pan and made oatmeal chocolate muffin bars! They were really good, but crumbly!!
These were really good! I made the following changes:
*used 1/4c applesauce and 1/4c Smart Balance oil
*used 3/4c white flour and 1/2c whole wheat flour
*used half skim milk, half 2% milk
*used 1/2c brown sugar in recipe, did not sprinkle additional 1/4c on top of muffins
*used 1/2c mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
The texture turned out GREAT and the muffins are definitely a good size. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is that the muffin itself has very little taste. I think the next time I make these I may add a bit of vanilla or cinnamon. Thanks for sharing!
Yum! I made giant muffins. I used 1% milk, apple sauce instead of oil, no nuts. Also.. I accidentally used normal sugar rather than brown sugar. But they turned out great! Lower in fat.. which is great considering they're double the normal size.