Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
In ‘Williams-Sonoma: Dessert of the Day’
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole almond, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared sheets, spacing them about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to wire racks and let cool completely.
After toasting the almonds, I threw them in the small food processor and chopped them.