Top Review by Kalder
I love this recipe! I haven't even eaten them yet but they are cooking right now and I am excited. My girlfriend and I are madly in love and this just made it even more special. Because of this recipe we are going to be so happy and we are going to get married and everything is going to be great!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Don't over cook.
- (There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down). Makes 3 dozen