Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.
- Don't over cook.
- (There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down). Makes 3 dozen
I love this recipe! I haven't even eaten them yet but they are cooking right now and I am excited. My girlfriend and I are madly in love and this just made it even more special. Because of this recipe we are going to be so happy and we are going to get married and everything is going to be great!
This recipe was an instant hit! Very easy to prepare, and it came out perfect. Soft in the middle, crunchy on the ourside. Chocolate chips still soft and melted. Delicious. I will keep this recipe for future family gatherings.
No eggs in the house but kids wanted cookies! This recipe was great and you couldn't tell there was no eggs! They all loved it! Thanks for sharing.