Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Makes a perfect holiday gift for a cookie-lover! You will need a 1-quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, and if desired and a red or green bow to tie around the jar.
Top Review by Redsie
Didn't have a red bow on hand... but these were delicious Kit!!! The mix of nuts, oats, chocolate... mmmm! I will be buying some nice jars this week to give them to friends and family for Christmas! Thanks Kit!! Editing to add that it made about 30 cookies (guess I made them small!!)
- 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small cinnamon stick (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour together with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Layer the ingredients in the glass jar (pressing each layer firmly in place before adding on the next layer).
- This is optional; push a small cinnamon stick into the side of the mixture (make certain that it is showing through the glass).
- Include a card with the following instructions**.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet/s.
- Mix 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine with 1 egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Stir in the entire contents of the jar; mix until combined (you may need your hands to finish the mixing).
- Shape in small balls.
- Place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.