Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great gift idea!
Make and share this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- (Use a funnel that has a 2-inch opening, to layer nicely in jar.) With wire whisk, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour into jar, pack down level with heavy object.
- Mix oatmeal in a blender.
- Grate chocolate bar and mix into the oatmeal.
- Pack on top of flour in jar.
- Add white sugar and pack down.
- Add brown sugar and pack down.
- Layer chopped nuts on top of brown sugar.
- Finish layering jar with mini or regular chocolate chips until even with the top (no more than 1/2 cup).
- RECIPE TO ATTACH TO JAR: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Spoon chocolate chips and nuts into small bowl, set aside.
- Spoon brown and white sugar into mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup margarine or butter, cream well.
- Add 1 egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, mix well.
- Pour oatmeal and flour mixture from jar into bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Roll into walnut size balls, place on slightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 dozen.