Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't enjoy sweet treats. Here's a healthier (yes, there are chocolate chips!) way to indulge.
- 1 cup trans-fat-free margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Beat the margarine and sugars together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine next five ingredients; add to sugar mixture and beat well. Stir in oats, the cranberries and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make 4 to 5 dozen cookies.