- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugars; add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Add dry mixture gradually to the wet mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets (I use non-stick sheets--don't need to grease them).
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.