Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice, semi-crispy cookie, with a hint of coconut.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars; add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in the oats, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Add dry mixture gradually to the wet mixture, mixing after each addition.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets (I use non-stick sheets--don't need to grease them).
- Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
These were REALLY good. Love the addition of coconut, added nice flavor. Also loved the slightly crispy texture. They didn't last long!
This is the absolute BEST oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. LOVE it!
This is a delicious cookie. I baked mine at 350 for 11 minutes and they came out perfect. I love the coconut in these.