Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are especially good if you don't like raisins in your cookies. I grew up on these and everyone loves them!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in oats, chocolate morsels, and nuts,mixing until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-13.
- Cool 1 min.
- on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
I made these for my boyfriend. He loved them. I cut the sugar down to just 1 cup of brown sugar (I find most cookie recipes too sweet) and I added 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Instead of all-purpose flour I used whole wheat pastry flour.
Very nice change from regular chocolate chip cookies! I will definately make them again. I bake cookies every week, my family prefers them to store bought and they are better for them also!!