Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I really wanted to find a cookie recipe like the one my mother used to make for us when we got home from school. Plus I wanted a recipe that I could make with my grandson. Her recipe is lost. But, after tweaking some other recipes, I think I finally got it...hope you enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsley chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄4 cups Quaker Oats (not the quick-1 minute)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- Beat together softened Crisco, butter and sugars in large bowl.
- Beat in milk, vanilla and egg.
- Stir in sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in chips, nuts and oats.
- Drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet. (I use two sheets and six drops per sheet).
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool 2-3 minutes then transfer to cooling rack or paper towel.