1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is my little sister's twist on the original. I believe the basic recipe came from the top of a Quaker Oats package. The coconut and almond butter makes the cookie, but can be omitted
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened plus
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup almond butter or 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups rolled oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional) or 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
- 2Add almond butter and beat.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 4Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- 5Add oats, choco chips, coconut and pecans; mix until just incorporated.
- 6Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- 8Tip: the eggs mix a lot better when they're at room temperature.
- 9Also, the cookie dough freezes wonderfully! Place balls of dough on the cookie sheet and put in freezer for 20mins or until solid/non-sticky, then place in a freezer-bag. No need to defrost before baking.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.0
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.2 mg
- Sodium 193.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g