Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat together the butter or margarine, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add oats, flours, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325°F (170°C) for 10-12 minutes.
Fabulous! Definitely a five star recipe. Hearty oats and flour give these guys a great chew while still retaining that classic "cookie" flavor (must be all that butter!) Next time I may add a bit more chocolate chips to satisfy my addiction. Also might slightly reduce salt because I tend to use salted butter.
So Yummy! Made these last night and they were loved...i halved the recipe because this recipe makes so many...They were not too sweet which was good, i like sweet cookies but i dont like when cookies taste like nothing but sugar. The only thing i changed on the recipe was the chocolate chip amount...i added a little extra...maybe 1/2 cup more... I will definitly store this one away!!
I followed the recipe exactly and mine are lacking flavor big time. They are a great texture but I suppose my family is too used to really sweet cookies. I won't be making them again.