Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great school snack, as it is full of oatmeal, so it fills the kids up at snack time. This is the original recipe, but I have added sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, etc to it instead of the chocolate chips. Whatever you add to it is great. These are very similar to a "Monster Cookie" but with no peanut butter - Great for Nut-Free snacks
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, eggs, water and salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour. (I use half white flour and half whole wheat flour).
- Mix in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfulls on a lightly buttered or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. These don't spread any, so if you want you can flatten them slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until they have turned golden brown.