Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious way to get rid of mushy bananas and I think this is the only way to eat that fruit. This recipe came from my grandma, and grandmas always make the best desserts! Don't be scared, try it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 3⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup your choice nuts (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together, and then put the shortening, egg, and bananas, mixing well.
- Add oatmeal, nuts and/or chocolate chips.
- Put about 12 balls of batter on a cookie sheet and slide it in an oven on 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
- After you take them out, put them on a cooling rack and eat them while still fairly warm. Enjoy!
I wasn't too sure of these cookies last night when I made the dough. It was really mushy and didn't make balls of dough very well. However, today they are just about the right consistency and my kids seem to really enjoy them. The banana is an interesting taste in a cookies. I like it!
wow, your grandma has great recipes! You should add more recipes Vostimo.
Amazing!!! These are the BEST cookies i have ever had!!!