Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This recipe is from Southern Living. Turns out with a crisp outside and a soft middle.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook cookies on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.