Little Suzy Homemaker's Note:
This recipe is from Southern Living. Turns out with a crisp outside and a soft middle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- 3Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- 4Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook cookies on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1584.0
- Calories from Fat 855
- Total Fat 95.0 g
- Saturated Fat 46.7 g
- Cholesterol 205.3 mg
- Sodium 832.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 90.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g