Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are wonderful cookies. My mom gave me the recipe but I'm not sure where she got it from. They have a great flavor because of the little bit of banana. I love that I can use low calorie margarine to cook these since most recipes call for butter. Also, the dough is great to eat because there are no eggs in it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine over low heat until melted. Be careful not to brown it. (You can also melt it in the microwave if desired).
- Pour margarine into a small bowl and add both sugars, banana, and vanilla, then stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine first 4 dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add chocolate chips.
- If it seems too wet, you can add a bit more flour.
- Spoon by the tablespoonful on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove it from the oven the middle will still be a bit soft, not squishy. The cookies will harden a bit after you have put them on a wire rack to cool.
This is a funny one for me to rate. I thought they were good. Not wonderful, but I love that I could use low-cal tub margarine and I like the nutritionals. But my children LOVED them. I do think they'd be better with mini chips to distribute the chocolatey-ness more throughout the cookie. But when the kids are fighting over a healthy cookie, well, that makes it a 5! Thanks!