These are wonderful cookies. My mom gave me the recipe but I'm not sure where she got it from. They have a great flavor because of the little bit of banana. I love that I can use low calorie margarine to cook these since most recipes call for butter. Also, the dough is great to eat because there are no eggs in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a saucepan, melt margarine over low heat until melted. Be careful not to brown it. (You can also melt it in the microwave if desired).
- 3Pour margarine into a small bowl and add both sugars, banana, and vanilla, then stir.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine first 4 dry ingredients.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula.
- 6Add chocolate chips.
- 7If it seems too wet, you can add a bit more flour.
- 8Spoon by the tablespoonful on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- 9Cook for 8 - 10 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove it from the oven the middle will still be a bit soft, not squishy. The cookies will harden a bit after you have put them on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 171.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g