Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful cookies. My mom gave me the recipe but I'm not sure where she got it from. They have a great flavor because of the little bit of banana. I love that I can use low calorie margarine to cook these since most recipes call for butter. Also, the dough is great to eat because there are no eggs in it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine over low heat until melted. Be careful not to brown it. (You can also melt it in the microwave if desired).
- Pour margarine into a small bowl and add both sugars, banana, and vanilla, then stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine first 4 dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula.
- Add chocolate chips.
- If it seems too wet, you can add a bit more flour.
- Spoon by the tablespoonful on to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove it from the oven the middle will still be a bit soft, not squishy. The cookies will harden a bit after you have put them on a wire rack to cool.
This is a funny one for me to rate. I thought they were good. Not wonderful, but I love that I could use low-cal tub margarine and I like the nutritionals. But my children LOVED them. I do think they'd be better with mini chips to distribute the chocolatey-ness more throughout the cookie. But when the kids are fighting over a healthy cookie, well, that makes it a 5! Thanks!