Recipe by Country Cookin'
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie great for diabetics
Top Review by chrisandabby.com
The taste was great but they were a little bit flatter and greasier than what I was hoping for. I also used regular size chocolate chips and although the cookies spread out the chips all stayed in the middle.
- 3 cups rolled oats (no quick cooking)
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bagminature chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend 2 cups of the oats until finely ground and floury.
- Cream butter until soft and smooth. Mix in brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well until blended.
- In another bowl, stir together both the ground and the whole oatmeal, the baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture just until blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Drop by teaspoon onto the cookie sheet, leaving 3" between them, as they will spread.
- Bake for 13 to 15 mintues until lightly brownd.
- Let cool on the pan, then remove with a spatula.