From "The Frog Commissary Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips (about 12-oz.)
- 1 1/2 chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until mixture is light in color. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the milk and vanilla extract.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Either by hand or with the mixer on low speed, gradually beat the flour in to the sugar mixture until just incorporated.
- 4Stir in the oats and chocolate chips by hand.
- 5Drop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough onto the cookie sheet, placing about 1 1/2-inches apart so they have room to spread.
- 6Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown at the edges and light golden at the center.
- 7Cool on baking sheet for at least 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Notes: You can substitute raisins for chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1589 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.0
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 115.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g