Recipe by MSZANZ
Our neighbor and good friend made these cookies and brought them over. Since then, that's all my husband will eat. My daughter wanted them for her sleep over so we got the recipe. I was surprised to find out that it is the oatmeal cookie recipe from the Quaker Oats box with the cinnamon and raisins omitted and chocolate chips added. She also used the 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening instead of just butter. These are absolutely wonderful!!
Top Review by newmama
Fantastic! I use all butter and 2 tsp vanilla. I also used 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 cup ap flour. I think I will try nightboats suggestion of chips and raisins, but this is a great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, shortening, and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt-Mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips-Mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for one minute and remove to a wire rack.