Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this out of the "Mom's Best Desserts" cookbook. I collect cookbooks, and I picked this one up at a garage sale, and I always try to make at least one recipe out of a cookbook a week, and this was it. These are super tasty, and I think that the cinnamon adds a great taste. I've never added cinnamon before and I think that really makes a difference.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, At Room Temperature
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (Quick Oats Are Fine, Not Insant Oats)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown and granulated sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Then beat in the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Then use a spatula to carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
These are delicous cookies, I think the cinnamon makes the difference. But I think the cook time is much too long for these cookies. I followed the recipe to the letter, and mine were well done within 9-10 minutes. The batches that I only baked 8 minutes we fully done and stayed more moist after cooling. So use your best judgment, but keep an eye on them if you don't like them super crunchy.
these are delicous!!
These were wonderful! My boyfriend has been wanting oatmeal choc. chip w/pecan cookies for a while. Tonight I made these! Super easy & super yummy. The only thing I did differently was toast the pecans for about 8 minutes before I added them. I love the pecans toasted. TRY THIS COOKIE!!!