I got this out of the "Mom's Best Desserts" cookbook. I collect cookbooks, and I picked this one up at a garage sale, and I always try to make at least one recipe out of a cookbook a week, and this was it. These are super tasty, and I think that the cinnamon adds a great taste. I've never added cinnamon before and I think that really makes a difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, At Room Temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (Quick Oats Are Fine, Not Insant Oats)
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown and granulated sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Then beat in the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- 4Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cookies are golden.
- 6Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes. Then use a spatula to carefully transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g