Healthy oats help give these bars their chewy cookie texture! Great for the lunch box!
Make and share this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15 x 10 or 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F.
- for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set.
- Cool slightly. Cut into bars.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Yield: 48 bars Enjoy!