Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Healthy oats help give these bars their chewy cookie texture! Great for the lunch box!
Make and share this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 15 x 10 or 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla and eggs; blend well.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F.
- for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown and center is set.
- Cool slightly. Cut into bars.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Yield: 48 bars Enjoy!
These were good. I used butter instead of crisco and cut out a little bit of the sugar and chocolate chips. I think I may try making them again with cinnamon and raisins (instead of choc chips).
This recipe is a favorite my my husband and I. It is so easy to make, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I don't put nuts in, just dark chocolate chunks. I like to freeze most of the batch and they are delicious and chewy straight out of the freezer.
Delicious. This recipe caught my eye when I saw the ingredients of oatmeal, nuts, chocolate chips, molasses and no white sugar. I'm always looking for recipes with oatmeal as my family does not like oatmeal as a cereal. I made half the recipe. Next time I'll be making the whole recipe and storing these gems in the freezer for breakfast or a snack. Thanks for posting this easy recipe. Those are the kind I love.