Recipe by peaches'n'kream
these are great for a mid-afternoon snack. their chewy, yumminess is an all around good thing to eat after school.
Top Review by 55tbird
I have made these twice and am just getting around to rating them. They are very good. My two favorite things, chocolate and oatmeal. I used Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend and Splenda Brown Sugar and they turned out just great...could'nt tell any difference. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 cup shortening (i substitute butter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition Beat in molasses and vanilla. Combine oats, flout, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares then you're good to go!