Easy one-bowl oatmeal cookie bars with lots of chocolate chunks, very chewy and sweet. These are similar to regular chocolate-chip cookies, but baked in a sheet pan for convenience. I made these with chopped dark chocolate bars because dark chocolate is "healthier" than milk or semisweet chocolate - you can substiture one 12-ounce package of chocolate chips if you prefer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have ready, ungreased, two 9x9" square baking pans or one 15x10" jelly-roll pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3In a large glass or plastic mixing bowl, soften the butter (a few seconds in the microwave); it should be very soft but not completely melted. Using a heavy spoon, beat in both sugars, then beat in the eggs until smooth. Beat in the vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix in the flour just until combined, then stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chunks.
- 4Spoon the cookie dough into ungreased baking pans. Using the back of the spoon, lightly spread the dough, leaving it a little higher at the sides and corners than in the middle. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 17-20 minutes, until set in the middle and brown around the edges. Because of the brown sugar, this cookie gets much darker than "golden brown" when it is done.
- 5Cool in the pan. Cut into bars to serve. Take some to work or school to give away, because the large amount of oatmeal makes them dry out in a few days if you have leftovers.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Chocolate Bar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g