Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Double good with chocolate chips added to these yummy oatmeal cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup flour (all purpose sifted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine shortening, egg, vanilla and both sugars; beat with electric mixer till creamy.
- Beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon, drop cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° in a preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till lightly browned.
Used butter and these were buttery and crunchy, full of chocolate chips and very yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe!