Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is more of a crispier textured cookie. for a change of taste, add in 2 teaspoons maple extract in place of vanilla, also add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon if desired.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular or mini size, or 1-1/4 cups butterscotch chip, I prefer the butterscotch)
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- Grease a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, white sugar and brown sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, and beat well.
- Beat in milk and extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Add in baking chips and toffee pieces (if using) mix to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet leaving 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to racks to cool.