Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is without question my best cookie recipe. Someone brought these to me when I had my last baby and I ate the whole batch myself. I prefer the added crunch from using almonds rather than walnuts often called for in chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped almonds, toasted if desired
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use 1 cup semi-sweet and 1 cup milk chocolate)
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Cream well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine well with creamed mixture.
- Mix in oatmeal, almonds and chips.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
WE LOVE THESE COOKIES!!! We make a whole recipe and put the extras in the freezer... they only last a few days! delicious
Just made these super delicious cookies. Used 1 cup of margarine and 1 1/2 cups of small, dark chocolate chips. This is now my favourite recipe too!