From Nestle Tollhouse. Makes a great gift, especially around the Christmas holidays.
Make and share this Oatmeal-Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nestle tollhouse semisweet chocolate morsels or 3⁄4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats or 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Place flour mixture in 1-quart jar.
- Layer remaining ingredients in order listed above, pressing firmly after each layer.
- Seal with lid.
- Add Recipe to Attach to jar with a ribbon.
- Recipe to Attach: Beat 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 large egg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until blended.
- Add cookie mix; mix well, breaking up any clumps.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks.
Wow!!! These are great cookies!! I didn't make this to give away, so just made it to have cookies for the family. My 17 yo DS loves oatmeal cookies and these were no exception, although first time adding chocolate chips. I loved that the edges are nice and crispy but the center is soft and chewy!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for your win in Healthy Choices Tag Game Special!!
These were my sons favorite cookie until they came out with cinnamon chips. Well then he found another favorite. But still these are awesome cookies. I made these into jars for family and they wanted the whole recipe. I love the way the cinnamon gives a nice flavor to these cookies. They are very easy to either put into a jar or make all on your own. They are a keeper.