Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found these on Martha's website. They are a nice alternative for those that aren't crazy about raisin oatmeal cookies, like me. My kids liked them. I increased the cherries by 1/2 cup from the original recipe just to my taste.
- Heat oven to 350°F Use a silpat or parchment paper on your cookie sheets for best results.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter,sugar and honey in a mixer until creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, mixing on low just until incorporated.
- Stir in oats and cherries by hand.
- Scoop tablespoon sized drops onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Watch very closely the last 2 minutes, they go from done to over done very quickly.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
I made these today and found them to be undercooked so raised the heat and cooked a few minutes longer. These are very different from the Martha Stewart recipe-8 ingredients are different quantities or omitted. I'll try that one next time as these had difficulty holding together even when cool. still taste very good.
Had these at a party - OMG amazing! They are so good I knew I had to add the recipe to my cookbook. I'm curious if anyone's frozen them? I think they'd do well.