Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Womans Day Magazine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, rolled oats, and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs.
- Press remaining crumbs into the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over baked crust.
- Stir together cranberry sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl; spoon carefully over cream cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes 36.
- To store cover and store bars in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
This is a great cookie recipe. My mom made it for her annual Christmas Cookie Party, and it was the most popular one there! We'll make this again. Very easy and very good! Thanks!