Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a nice twist on Oatmeal Cookies.
Make and share this Oatmeal Carrot Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup solid shortening
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- Combine the flours, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, cream together the shortening, sugar, and molasses.
- Add the egg and then the dry ingredients.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add the carrots, vanilla, and oats, and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.