Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Old-Fashioned Country Cookies.
Top Review by realbirdlady
These REALLY did not work out for me. There seems to be too much oil, or perhaps they really need butter or margarine. There's nothing the matter with the flavor combination of oatmeal/cinammon/carrots/raisins, but the cookie part did not have a pleasing taste.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats or 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together into a bowl, the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir in oats.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, raisins, carrots, and oil; add to flour mixture; mix to combine.
- Fold in nuts.
- Drop batter by teaspoonsful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 12-15 minutes, depending on texture desired (shorter baking time results in a chewy, soft cookie; longer baking time results in a crisper cookie).