Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Quakeroatmeal.com For optional cream cheese spread see below
- 236.59 ml Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 118.29 ml nonfat milk
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt (optional)
- 354.88 ml carrots, shredded (about 3 medium)
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 226.79 g can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- For bread, combine oats and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Add pineapple (including juice), egg whites, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots and raisins. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
- For cream cheese spread, beat together all ingredients in small bowl until smooth. Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- CREAM CHEESE SPREAD (optional).
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.