1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From Quakeroatmeal.com For optional cream cheese spread see below
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Lightly spray bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- 2For bread, combine oats and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Add pineapple (including juice), egg whites, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- 3In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots and raisins. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour batter into pan.
- 4Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
- 5For cream cheese spread, beat together all ingredients in small bowl until smooth. Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- 6CREAM CHEESE SPREAD (optional).
- 74 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 82 teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 91/4 teaspoon vanilla.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Carrot Cake Bread
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g