Recipe by Kree
These have been favorites in my house for as long as I can remember! They're sweet, gooey, and so delicious. They're similar to another recipe on Zaar, but were just different enough that I decided to post them anyway. We often double this and bake it in a jelly roll pan. Prep time does not include 1-2 hours to chill after baking.
Top Review by hobbyhouseusa
I used all of the crumbs for the crust because it was too hard to spread it( made 1/2 again for topping) and also I toasted the pecans before adding them to the recipe. I also used additional amounts of chocolate chips and caramel which after cooking and chilling tasted just like a candy bar. I love these!!!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for crust; blend well with mixer to form crumbs.
- Press half of crumbs into bottom of 11x7-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Blend caramel topping and flour; spread over chocolate and pecans.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Cut into 24 bars.