1/2 Photos of Oatmeal Carmelitas
These have been favorites in my house for as long as I can remember! They're sweet, gooey, and so delicious. They're similar to another recipe on Zaar, but were just different enough that I decided to post them anyway. We often double this and bake it in a jelly roll pan. Prep time does not include 1-2 hours to chill after baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1In large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for crust; blend well with mixer to form crumbs.
- 2Press half of crumbs into bottom of 11x7-inch pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- 5Blend caramel topping and flour; spread over chocolate and pecans.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 7Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 8Chill 1-2 hours.
- 9Cut into 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Carmelitas
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g