Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from my boss's wife, many years ago. She would send it for office parties. It's easy to make, as well as tasty.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup ice cream topping, caramel flavored
- Mix together flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, salt and melted butter. Blend well to form crumbs. Press half of the crumbs in the bottom of an ungreased 7"x11" pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts, then drizzle with ice cream topping. Cover with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chill 1-2 hours before serving.
My Dad asked me to find a recipe for these bars. Dad tells me these are an "old fashion" goodie. They may be, but they're amazing. I used my own homemade caramel sauce. I will be making these often! Thanks for posting!