Baking Bunny's Note:
My friend made these for a dinner party and they were SO good, I looked up the recipe from a blog and wanted to add it to 'zaar so I had it for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- 2In a small saucepan combine the caramels and evaporated milk. Over low heat, gently melt the milk and candy until thoroughly combined and creamy and thick. Stir constantly to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and reserve.
- 3For the streusel dough, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the melted butter at medium speed until a batter like consistency is achieved.
- 4Press half the streusel dough into the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Drizzle most of the melted caramel over the baked streusel layer, reserving enough to drizzle over the fully assembled bars. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and pecans over the caramel and top with the remaining portion of dough. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and drizzle with remaining caramel, reheating if necessary to soften it up. Refrigerate for a few hours before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Caramelitas
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.1
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 313.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g