Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Just wait until you taste these cookies! the butterscotch or caramel pudding gives these cookies a fantastic flavour and texture. You can use instant or regular, large (6-ounce) or small (3-ounce) box and butterscotch OR caramel pudding mix! Plan ahead, this dough needs to be chilled for 30 minutes before shaping and baking. Yield amount is only estimated.
Top Review by leggie
This recipe was amazing and so easy to do- I read all the reviews and followed the directions precisely but when i cooked them mine kept coming out really flat/greasy/runny. i tried turning the oven temp down but that hardly helped. after adding another 1/2 cup of flour they're starting to look like normal cookies now :) so delicious!
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled (no subs please!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix (can use caramel too)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or white baking chips or 1/2 cup of each!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted and cooled butter, both sugars, pudding mix and both extracts; stir well to combine.
- Stir in eggs and water; mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the oatmeal, rolled oats, coconut, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix to combine.
- Mix the dry mixture into the egg/butter mixture; stir well to combine.
- Fold in baking chips and pecans.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove from fridge, and shape into large balls (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and press down the dough slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until JUST set and golden brown around the edges.