Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place half of the mixture in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Press evenly along bottom of pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine caramel, flour, pecans and chocolate chips and mix.
- Remove crust from oven, pour caramel mixture over crust, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over the top and bake for about 20 minutes more at 350 degrees.
- Allow cooling and refrigerating for several hours before cutting into squares and serve.