Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I am not a fan of coconut but left it in the recipe for those who are. Another great recipe from relish mag
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml self-rising flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml mashed banana
- 236.59 ml cooked oatmeal
- 59.14 ml butter
- 78.07 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml uncooked old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml unsweetened flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9-inch springform pan or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- To prepare cake, beat butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; beat well. Add flour, cinnamon and salt; beat until just combined. Stir in banana and cooked oatmeal.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake about 35 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Heat broiler.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add milk and brown sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. Add oats, coconut and walnuts; stir well. Spread over warm cake. Place under broiler and broil until browned and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
This made for a nice morning treat, and a dessert too. Great flavors, and the banana could really be tasted. The topping was the real delight for us. Definately one to recommend. Made for Holiday Tag.